Tenure-Track Assistant Professor-Department of Library Services (Electronic Resources Librarian)
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor – Department of Library Services (Electronic Resources Librarian)
Join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success. West Chester University (WCU) Libraries invite applications for a tenure-track Electronic Resources Librarian to join our team of enthusiastic librarians Fall semester 2020. Librarians at WCU enjoy full faculty status, including a 9-month contract, faculty pay scale, and same tenure/promotion process as classroom faculty. As a faculty librarian, maintaining both a scholarly agenda and record of service is essential.
We are seeking a collegial and forward-thinking candidate to be part of a team of two Electronic Resources Librarians who manage the life cycle of the University Libraries electronic resources including databases, serials, eBooks, and streaming media. Working collaboratively, the Electronic Resources Librarians maintain systems and provide technical expertise for the libraries’ collection of electronic resources to ensure seamless access and discovery. We hope to find a user-focused librarian who is not only experienced with electronic resources management, but also enjoys engaging with the campus community.
West Chester University recently unveiled a new strategic plan Pathways to Success which focuses on student success as core to our university mission. WCU Libraries believe that we are a key player in supporting student success on campus. The Electronic Resources Librarian will contribute to this mission by helping us make our resources more responsive to the changing needs of our university community, especially our students.
• Manages and maintains the life cycle of the library’s electronic resources including acquisition, licensing, maintenance, and renewal.
• Develops workflows and policies for electronic resources.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, publishers, and other providers.
• Gather and assess usage statistics and other metrics data to support collection assessment.
• Works collaboratively with librarians to ensure cohesive collection development.
• Work collaboratively with library faculty and technical services staff to ensure seamless access and discovery.
• Plans, coordinates, and carries out training of electronic resources for librarians and library staff.
• Works closely with librarians to integrate electronic resources into teaching and learning.
• Communicates information regarding electronic resources to the library, university, and larger community.
• Serves as liaison to one or more academic departments as assigned.
• Serves assigned day, evening, and weekend shifts at Research Help desk.
Continuing Scholarly Growth
• Demonstrates continued professional growth through publications, presentations, professional activities, and other contributions to advance the profession.
• Engages in scholarship that includes research, scholarly, or creative activities required for tenure and promotion.
• A record of and/or interest in scholarship.
• Provides service to the library, the university, and the profession through committee work, conference attendance, or similar endeavors.
• Participates in library and university governance (shared governance).
• An earned Master’s in Library Science (MLS) or equivalent from an American Library Association accredited institution.
• Experience managing electronic resource access and discovery in an academic library.
• Demonstrated familiarity with electronic resources management systems, integrated library systems (ILS), or other library related technologies.
• Demonstrated understanding of current models, industry standards, practices, and tools utilized by academic libraries for the licensing, acquisition, access, and discoverability of e-resources such as OpenURL, KBART, ERM, SERU, COUNTER, or SUSHI.
• Demonstrated project management skills, flexibility, and initiative.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated commitment to patron service.
• Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a collegial academic environment.
• Successful completion of an on-campus interview process that includes a presentation.
• Second master’s or advanced degree.
• Experience with Alma, Primo, and EDS.
• Experience with OpenAthens.
• Experience with vendor relations, negotiating, and licensing.
• Proficiency in usage data gathering, analysis and assessment.
• Familiarity with Interlibrary Loan management systems.
• Familiarity with fund management and budget processes.
To apply – Job Number: 20-30
Position starts Fall semester 2020.
Interested applicants should apply online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wcupa/default.cfm
West Chester University offers a competitive benefits package. Rank and salary commensurate with experience. Salary based upon the schedule established in Article 22 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. WCU Librarians are 9-month employees. Some work over winter and summer breaks is available, but is voluntary, arranged under a separate contract, and reimbursed beyond base salary.
Application materials must include: 1. Cover letter / letter of application. 2. Curriculum Vitae. 3. Names, affiliations and phone numbers of three professional references. 4. Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts (pdf suggested); official transcripts will be requested prior to hire.
Review of applications will begin October 1, 2019 and continue until October 31, 2019.
Applicants must successfully complete the interview process, including a teaching demonstration, to be considered as a finalist.
Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty and staff advances WCU’s educational mission and strategic plan Building on Excellence. West Chester University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.
Offered SalaryDepends on Qualification
Related Jobs (28)
Director of Yale Library Access Services and Bass Library on September 18, 2019 Full-Time
Instructor and Collection Analysis and Maintenance Librarian on September 17, 2019
First-Year Experience Librarian, Utah State University on September 13, 2019 Full-Time