Senior Librarian, Information Services, Philadelphia PA
- Post Date:August 7, 2019
- Views 61
- Offered Salary Depends on QualificationEmployer Name Thomas Jefferson University
Come work with us at Thomas Jefferson University! Applications received by August 30 will be given priority.
SENIOR LIBRARIAN, INFORMATION SERVICES
The Senior Librarian, Information Services Department, performs at an advanced level in all areas of medical information delivery: consulting with users, delivering database searching services, and participating on project teams. The Senior Librarian will participate in the development of new programs, and information services, in support of the Jefferson mission.
The library values diversity and encourages applications from minorities underrepresented in higher education.
* Provide core reference services to library users via phone, email, online chat or in-person. These services include assisting users on the effective use of knowledge-based information resources and bibliographic management software.
* Develop and maintain specialized knowledge of the library’s databases, search interfaces and other online resources in order to consult with campus users to match resources with information needs, assist with search strategy development and describe management options for citation download and output. Assist with oversight of LibGuides.
* Provide in-depth consulting services to faculty, researchers and clinical care providers on the effective use of information resources and bibliographic management software.
* Teach library, information literacy or other specialized classes in the university and clinical setting. Participate in conducting new student and human resources orientation sessions.
* Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
* This position will be based in Center City.
Master of Science/Information Science, ALA-Accredited MLS
Two years of professional library experience required. Knowledge of medical and health literature databases preferred. Experience with advanced literature searching techniques and systematic reviews preferred. Experience with teaching in a higher education setting preferred.
* jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have 30,000 employees.
* Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in 10 specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
* Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
* As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
* Visit the job posting direct at: https://recruit.jefferson.edu/psc/hcmp/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=9231874&PostingSeq=1
* Or visit http://www.jeffersonhr.org
* Select the Search Jobs tab (Yellow Box)
* Search for Job Opening ID 9231874
* Please include your cover letter as the first page of your resume document.