Scholarly Resources Librarian for Architecture, Construction and Urban Planning
- Post Date:March 8, 2020
- Views 31
The University of Texas at San Antonio Libraries seeks an energetic, customer-focused Librarian to provide library, research, and education services to faculty, staff and students in Architecture, Construction Science, Urban Planning, and Public Administration programs to enrich the academic curriculum and support the research enterprise. The librarian will also provide reference assistance online and in person. The successful candidate is a self-starter with a record of innovation, collaboration and taking on challenges.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited program. Degree must be completed prior to start date.
- Knowledge of print and online resources in Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning, Interior Design, Historic Preservation, Construction Science, and Public Administration, including relevant statistical sources and datasets.
- Knowledge of new technologies and software associated with service delivery in libraries and academic institutions.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Use of standard office equipment including library and business PC applications.
- Degree or coursework in Architecture, Urban Planning, Public Administration, or related areas.
- Experience in delivering information literacy instruction and research support.
- 6 months experience using and teaching information resources in Architecture, Urban Planning, Historic Preservation, and/or Public Administration.
- An understanding and knowledge of current and emerging trends in Architecture, Urban Planning, Interior Design, Historic Preservation, Construction Science, and Public Administration.
- Knowledge of scholarly communication, digital scholarship, institutional repositories, open access initiatives, and/or open educational resources.
· Experience using GIS and visualization tools, e.g. ArcGIS, Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with bibliographic management software.
- Experience using specialized statistical software including but not limited to SPSS, SAS, and/or R.
- Ability to learn quickly and utilize the acquired knowledge immediately.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full‐time Administrative and Professional Staff, benefits‐eligible position.
Job Posting Closes: 3/30/2020
For complete position announcement, along with the online application, access the UTSA, Human Resources, STARS, website at http://jobs.utsa.edu/postings/15436. You will be required to attach a resume, cover letter, and a list with the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references. For assistance accessing the online system call UTSA Human Resources at (210) 458-4250.
This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check. UTSA is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) is a public urban serving university specializing in health, cybersecurity, energy, sustainability, and human and social development. With nearly 31,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property—for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online, on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram or on UTSA Today.
San Antonio, currently the seventh largest city in the United States, is a charming and colorful metropolis located on the edge of the scenic Texas Hill Country. San Antonio is rich with culture and arts including the annual, two-week celebration of Fiesta and its annual public arts festival, Luminaria. You can experience the history of San Antonio through The Alamo and the San Antonio Missions, explore the city with a walk down the one-of-kind River Walk in bustling Downtown San Antonio, visit attractions such as the Japanese Tea Garden, the Stock Show and Rodeo, one of numerous city parks, or catch a Spurs basketball, Rampage hockey, or Missions baseball game.
Related Jobs (29)
Middle Eastern Studies Liaison & Reference Librarian on March 10, 2020 Full-Time