Research & Instruction Librarian for Science & Mathematics
- Post Date:November 25, 2019
- Views 76
- Employer Name Washington College
Washington College is seeking qualified applicants for the Research and Instruction Librarian for Science and Mathematics. This position promotes and advocates for the integration of Miller Library’s instruction and research services in the academic endeavors of students, faculty, and staff; serves as subject liaison for the Natural Sciences and Mathematics Division; improves services through continuous assessment; and assists with collection development of Miller Library resources. This is a ten-month non-tenure track faculty position. The work schedulevaries during the semester and may include evening and weekend hours.
- Provides student-centered library services: general and science/mathematics-specific reference, research assistance, and services to individuals and groups.
- Develops pedagogy, teaches, and assesses information literacy instruction, in both physical and virtual environments.
- Builds relationships and partnerships with faculty, staff, and students in the Natural Sciences and Mathematics Division, and conducts collection development activities that support their teaching and research.
- Contributes to scholarly communications initiatives, including but not limited to research data management.
- Remains informed on current library and information technologies and stays abreast of reference and research techniques in a digital environment.
- Pursues professional development service and scholarship to satisfy library faculty status and review and promotion.
- ALA accredited master’s degree in library and information science (required).
- Demonstrated public service orientation.
- Undergraduate degree in science or mathematics or equivalent.
- A clear understanding of the scientific research process and appreciation for the unique information needs of scientists and technologists.
- Familiarity with scholarly resources and tools in the sciences.
- Experience with information literacy instruction.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
How to Apply:
When applying please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references through our on-line portal. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Washington College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse cultural environment, and encourages applications from women, people of color, disabled persons, members of the LGBTQ community, and veterans.
Related Jobs (39)
ACTING HEAD, RESEARCH COMMONS Full Time One-year Term on February 17, 2020 Full-Time
Librarian (Emphasis in User Experience and Technology) on February 13, 2020 Full-Time
Music Librarian (Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor) on February 12, 2020 Full-Time