Pharmacy Liaison Librarian
Medical Center Library
University of Kentucky Libraries
Pharmacy Liaison Librarian
With historic levels in grant funding and expanded programs and services across the state, the University of Kentucky is taking bold steps to meet the health and wellness needs of those in the Commonwealth and is leading the way to solving some of the toughest health issues facing communities across the United States. University of Kentucky Libraries Medical Center Library (MCL), which supports the education, research, and clinical programs of the six UK health sciences colleges, UK Healthcare, as well as the wider interdisciplinary biomedical community, is integral to helping the University realize those ambitious goals. We are looking for a collaborative, proactive, enthusiastic and service-oriented candidate to join our team as Pharmacy Liaison Librarian to serve the College of Pharmacy, a consistently top-ranked pharmacy program in the country.
The Pharmacy Liaison Librarian will report to the Medical Center Library Director. The successful candidate is responsible for planning, promoting and providing a broad range of information services, including instruction, consultation, in-depth reference, and research support to faculty, staff, students, clinicians, and researchers. In addition, the incumbent will contribute to other services and new initiatives with librarians and staff from across the libraries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide liaison librarian services to the students, faculty, and staff in the College of Pharmacy. Liaison services include instruction programs using traditional classroom and active learning methods, consultation, and literature searching among other activites.
- Actively promote existing library resources, services, and programs to constituents
- Collaborate with faculty, administrators, and researchers to determine needs and to design and implement services, training, and instructional materials to meet information needs in a dynamic environment
- Develop and deliver course content to support teaching and learning in curriculum-integrated and library instruction settings
- Develop library tutorials, resource guides, and other content aids
- Stay current with pharmacy education trends, curricular structures, and pedagogical methods
- Collaborate with library colleagues on developing and offering research services
- Contribute to committees and task forces that benefit from librarian knowledge and experience
- Represent the MCL as an ex-officio member of the Curriculum Committee for the College of Pharmacy
- Participate in new program planning, accreditation processes, and scholarship of teaching and learning
- Commit to fostering a diverse educational and professional environment and the ability to work wth a diverse population
- Serve on relevant University and Library Faculty committees, participate in scholarly activity, and represent the library at regional and national meetings
As a member of the MCL faculty, the Pharmacy Liaison Librarian participates in planning and decision-making relating to library services, collections, and resources and also participates in UK Libraries-wide faculty activities. This is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position and requires scholarship, professional development, and service that contributes to the effectiveness of UK Libraries, the university, and the profession.
- ALA-accredited graduate degree in Library and Information Science
- Proficiency with search techniques across a variety of health sciences and biomedical resources; in-depth experience with PubMed
- Strong public service orientation with excellent oral, written, analytical, interpersonal communication, presentation, and teaching skills
- Strong commitment to or potential for innovative and collaborative instruction
- Self-motivation with demonstrated ability to work independently and as a contributing, collaborative member of a team to build strong relationships
- Ability to meet the requirements of a tenure-track position through research, publication, presentation, and professional service
- Minimum one year of experience in an academic health sciences library
- Familiarity with an academic medical center environment and the role of the library within it
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a health or life science
- Demonstrated knowledge of drug information resources
- Experience conducting expert level literature reviews including, but not limited to, systematic reviews
- Experience with citation management software, preferably EndNote
- Demonstrated understanding of current issues and trends in scholarly communication and research data management
- Record of scholarship, teaching, and/or active membership in professional associations
Position is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position. Candidate questions may be directed to Laura Davison at [email protected]
The University of Kentucky is a public, land grant university of approximately 32,000 students, 3,500 faculty, and 15,000 staff dedicated to improving people’s lives through excellence in education, research and creative work, service, and health care. With over 200 academic programs across sixteen colleges and professional schools, the University plays a critical leadership role by promotion diversity, inclusion, economic development, and human well-being. Located in the beautiful bluegrass region of central Kentucky, the University of Kentucky Libraries includes the main William T. Young Library, Medical Center Library, Special Collections Research Center, Agricultural Information Center, Fine Arts Library, Design Library, Education Library, Lexmark Library, and Science & Engineering Library. Combined library holdings total more than four million volumes. The system has a faculty of 60 and a support and professional staff of 108. UK Libraries currently uses the Ex Libris Alma and Primo systems. UK Libraries memberships include the Association of Research Libraries, LYRASIS, ASERL, and the Center for Research Libraries. UK is a regional depository for government publications.
To apply, interested applicants must complete a UK Online Academic Profile at http://ukjobs.uky.edu/postings/227639 and attach two documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
Please include contact information for three references when prompted in the application. This information may be utilized to solicit recommendation letters for your references within the employment system.
If you have any questions, contact H/R employment, phone (859) 257-9555, press 2.
The application deadline is July 14th, 2019.