Outreach & Instruction Services Librarian
- Post Date:November 15, 2019
- Views 127
- Employer Name Gordon College
The Jenks Library at Gordon College invites applications for the position of Outreach & Instruction Services Librarian. The Outreach & Instruction Services Librarian contributes to the welcoming environment in Jenks Library by implementing and executing a variety of outreach services designed to meet the diverse needs of the campus’ students, staff, and faculty. Jenks Library is often the place where the intersection between GordonCollege’s Christian liberal arts tradition of education and its commitment to cultivating the social and spiritual formation of our students often intersect. Collaborating with library colleagues, the librarian ensures student and campus awareness of these intersections by designing strategic outreach initiatives that promote the Library’s services and resources. The librarian also contributes directly to the culture of academic excellence at Gordon by providing research assistance and information literacy instruction through various learning experiences.
Gordon College is located in New England on Boston’s North Shore. The College is seeking a librarian with a passion for librarianship who is dedicated to the College’smission of preparing thoughtful Christian men and women for lives of service and leadership worldwide. As one of the country’s top liberal arts colleges with a vibrant Christian community, Gordon is positioned to lead theconversation at the intersection of faith and cultural engagement. We seek library faculty with a depth of understanding, a breadth of knowledge, and a desire to be part of this dialogue.
In order to fully perform the functions of the position, the candidate must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities, or demonstrate that the major responsibilities of the job can be accomplished, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities:
- a demonstrated mature Christian faith and strong commitment to the Christian mission of the College.
- Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited program. An additional advanced degree is preferred. ;
- a well-developed understanding of the principles and practices of modern library science, with emphasis on outreach services and instruction.
- experience working with, and knowledge of, integrated library systems, the maintenance of library web pages, and their use.
- an awareness of the principles of higher education as they apply to library science and resource requirements, and an ability to work constructively with library staff and patrons in their selection and use of resource materials.
- the ability to work constructively and effectively with library patrons and library faculty and staff.
- organizational and project management skills with the ability to self-pace, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- a drive to innovate and work creatively and collaboratively to solve problems.
- excellent oral and written communication skills applicable to teaching and learning.
Interested applicants need to submit a letter of application that addresses their fit with the Christian mission of Gordon College and with the position and a Curriculum Vita that includes the names of 3 references.
TO SEE THE COMPLETE POSITIONS DESCRIPTION, please go to: https://gordonedu-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/library_gordon_edu/ESkBDw2TFMNOmgDqysPckUABAmBRIfMiEF_uNpDA_shdcw?e=TWqZuz
TO APPLY: To submit your application, please go to: https://apply.interfolio.com/71499
The review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Gordon College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes that diversity is necessary to our ability to achieve our goals and educational mission. Women and men, and members of all racial and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.