Music Librarian (Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor)
- Post Date:February 12, 2020
- Views 76
- Employer Name University of Northern Colorado
The University of Northern Colorado Libraries seeks a collegial and creative leader, an innovative thinker, and a strong communicator for the position of Music Librarian (Assistant/Associate Professor). Reporting to the Dean, the Music Librarian will provide leadership of the Skinner Music Library, a branch of University Libraries, that supports the curriculum, scholarship, and creative endeavors across the School of Music, from undergraduates to faculty.
• Lead a department/branch library consisting of 3 classified staff positions and 15 student workers (4.0 FTE).
• Actively foster working relationships with faculty, students, and staff of the School of Music
• Select print and digital resources to support the School of Music
• Teach curriculum-integrated instruction sessions at all degree levels
• Provide in-person and online research assistance
• Maintain current knowledge of trends in librarianship and music research
• Work closely with colleagues across University Libraries to develop policies and workflows, complete special projects, and maintain best practices across the branches
• Actively participate in the management of the University Libraries though the Libraries Leadership Group (LLG) and other committees
• Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively, work collaboratively, and prioritize work assignments within a vibrant and stimulating environment.
This is a faculty-level tenure-track position with an expectation of scholarly activity and service in addition to the activities listed above. Applicants with evidence of an established and advanced research record may be given Associate Professor rank.
Additional information about the University Libraries and the Skinner Music Library may be found at:
https://library.unco.edu and https://www.unco.edu/library/music
• Earned master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school or program
• 3 years of professional library experience
• 1 year of music library experience
• Supervisory experience
• Experience or training in classroom instruction
• Experience with library resources and tools that support music research
• Experience working with diverse populations
• Experience implementing or facilitating outreach activities
• Degree in a music discipline
• Demonstrated record of scholarship
• Evidence of working collaboratively
• Evidence of managing multiple projects or priorities
Screening of applications will begin on March 23, 2020. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants must complete an online application form and attach a letter of application, highlighting suitability for the position, and curriculum vitae, including names of three references with their email addresses and telephone numbers.
The University of Northern Colorado is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages application from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, and veterans. We are learning and growing together to create an inclusive campus community, particularly in the classroom and in the workplace. The University of Northern Colorado is an equal opportunity/affirmative action /Title IX employer.
Minimum Salary: $57,000
Preferred Start Date: July 1, 2020 (negotiable)
For questions, contact Interim Assistant Dean of University Libraries, Jennifer Leffler at [email protected] or 970-351-1543.
Apply at: https://careers.unco.edu/postings/3159