- Post Date:January 9, 2020
- Views 50
- Employer Name The College of Lake County
We are growing! Three full time faculty librarian positions available.
Are you a seeking a position where your first priority is students? Do you have experience or a desire to teach and an excitement in sharing the wealth of information and discovery? Are you a seeker of new, improved, or unique services to offer the best solutions and to eliminate barriers for students? Do you excel in a collaborative, team atmosphere? Do you have a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously?
If so, you may be looking for us and we may be looking for you.
The College of Lake County is committed to a new Strategic Plan and Student Success Framework and we seek to recruit and retain three faculty librarians who:
• Value intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching strategies.
• Value equity and inclusion to create a welcoming sense of belonging for all students
• Demonstrate commitment to creating a culturally relevant and personalized learning experience to maximize student success.
• Reflect the diversity of our community.
Under the direction of the Dean, Library Testing and Academic Success, the librarians are responsible for providing library instruction, research and reference services to the College of Lake County community.
The librarians will participate in department, division, and general meetings, serve on division and college committees, and participate in other forms of college service. Librarians are required to maintain an active program of professional development related to institutional objectives. Librarians shall maintain current knowledge of subject matter via professional organization membership, attendance of seminars, conferences and classes, and professional publications.
The College of Lake County (1. Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from ALA accredited institution.
2. Demonstrated effective teaching, presentation and communication skills.
1. Bilingual in Spanish.
2. Experience in a community college setting.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Related Jobs (15)
Coordinator of Scholarly Communications and Cataloging on January 31, 2020 Full-Time
Metadata Librarian, Cataloging and Metadata Department on January 30, 2020 Full-Time