- Post Date:August 30, 2019
- Views 125
- Offered Salary See listingEmployer Name Harvard University
GIS, Data, andResearch Librarian
Harvard Graduate School of Design
The Frances Loeb Library is part of the dynamic andenergizing environment of the Graduate School of Design. The GSD offers anexciting setting for interaction and the exchange of ideas through thecombination of disciplines-architecture, landscape architecture, and urbanplanning and design together with the research of our studio-based as well asMDes and Doctoral programs. We are seeking an energetic and forward thinkingindividual to work as part of a team to support research, teaching, andlearning at the GSD.
We regret that theHarvard Graduate School of Design cannot provide Visa sponsorship, andcandidates are required to have work authorization now and in the future.
TYPICAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Research and Teaching Librarian, Team Leadthis position is one of a team of librarians that coordinates research andteaching support for the faculty and students at the GSD. The team integratestechnology into teaching at the GSD; develops an ongoing instruction platformthat includes traditional research skills, and the use of technology as part ofthe research process; develops research data management services; providesresearch consultation across all disciplinary areas of the GSD; develops a planfor supporting emerging technologies at the GSD; provides Academic WritingServices, GIS support, Canvas support, and Copyright and Fair Use advice andsupport.
Responsibilities of the position:
* Providesdata and GIS instruction and support services to faculty and students at theGSD;
* Responsiblefor research support in the areas of geospatial data, GIS, statistics, and datavisualization, in collaboration with the Research and Teaching Team;
* Collaborateswith other stakeholders in the library to provide data collection technologiesand support;
* Works ondata management planning and the creation of data management plans;
* Supervisesand manages a team of Mapping Technical Assistants who coordinate office hoursin the library, and provide mapping and technical support for GIS at the DesignSchool;
* Partnerswith faculty to enable use of data in teaching;
* Managesthe process of collecting student course work in digital format;
* Activelycollaborates within team and across teams to develop and produce a program oflibrary research support and instruction;
* Workswith other librarians to support research and reference, including tours andorientations;
* Participatesas one of a team of selectors in a specific area of collection building in thelibrary;
* Workswith other Harvard Library units (such as the Harvard GeoSpatial Library, theCenter for Geographic Analysis and other committees and working groups) on avariety of Harvard Library activities;
* Participatesin Harvard Library and campus-wide working groups and committees;
* Participatesin professional organizations;
* Representsthe GSD and Loeb Library in and outside of Harvard;
* Responsiblefor staying abreast of new technologies in the field, and bringing them to theGSD.
* Overseesgraduate students who work as Technical Assistants to provide GIS and Mappinginstruction and reference support to the GSD community.
* MLS orequivalent experience;
* 3-5 yearsof experience working in a library, academic technology, or computing setting;
* Demonstratedsubject expertise in one or more subject areas: architecture, landscapearchitecture, urban planning and design;
* Demonstratedknowledge of data management;
* Demonstratedknowledge of GIS tools, systems, and techniques, including the ESRI softwaresuite and QGIS;
* Demonstratedknowledge of data sources and databases used to support research and teaching;
* Experiencein instruction and teaching in an academic setting;
* Demonstratedknowledge of multiple file format types, including various CAD formats;
* Stronganalytical, organizational and project management skills required.
* Abilityto work effectively in a collaborative and/or team environment;
* Excellentinterpersonal and communication skills;
* Flexibilityand creative problem solving skills;
* Demonstratedknowledge of various metadata schema and cloud technology;
* Demonstratedunderstanding of design work;
* Demonstratedability to work with a variety of constituents;
* Desiredskills: knowledge of XML, Java, APIs, and user interface toolkits of majormobile platforms.
* In orderto be considered for this position, a cover letter in addition to a resume isrequired
* The workof this position is performed in a library/office setting.
* Theposition involves frequent use of computer work station.
Library, Research, Technical
USA – MA – Cambridge
Frances Loeb Library
00 – Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteranstatus, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-relatedconditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply online, please go to https://hr.harvard.edu/jobs.On the left-hand side, please click on ‘Administrative/Staff Jobs ExternalCandidates’ to search for the positions. In the job search field, enter the jobrequisition number 49612BR.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/yb5679tysvwt696q