Engineering (STEM-H) Librarian
West Chester University
Engineering (STEM-H) Librarian
Join a vibrant campus community whose excellence isreflected in its diversity and student success. West Chester University (WCU) Libraries invite applications for atenure-track Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Health (STEM-H)Librarian to join our team of dynamic and creative librarians. SinceEngineering is a new and growing program at WCU, this position is a wonderfulopportunity to be an active participant in the further development of theuniversity as a technological and economic contributor to the region.
Librarians at WCU enjoy full faculty status, including a9-month contract, faculty pay scale, and same tenure/promotion process asclassroom faculty. As a facultylibrarian, maintaining both a scholarly agenda and record of service is essentialfor success.
West Chester University recentlyunveiled a new strategic plan, Pathways to Success,which focuses on student success as core to our university mission. WCU Libraries believe that we are a keyplayer in supporting student success on campus. The Engineering (STEM-H)Librarian will contribute to this mission by supporting the new engineering programsand its allied disciplines. As atenure-track faculty librarian, maintaining both a scholarly agenda and recordof service is also required.
· Selects and assesses resources in support of anemerging engineering curriculum as well as allied disciplines in the sciences andhealth.
· Works collaboratively and enthusiastically withother colleagues and community members including the Science Librarian, whowill work closely in co-support of the departments of Biology and Nursing.
· Facilitates research consultations in bothface-to-face and online formats with faculty, students, and other communitymembers and groups. Maintains currency in emerging engineering fields to remaineffective in this effort.
· Contributes to the advancement of UniversityLibraries’ team efforts in scholarly communications, such as data management,open access initiatives, open educational resources, and entrepreneurship.
· Remains abreast of current developments inlibrary and information sciences and devotes time to research, scholarly activity,and service to the University, the public, and the profession.
· Collaborates within and beyond the Libraries oninitiatives and projects to advance teaching and learning, maximize userexperience, utilize instructional and engineering technologies, and measureeducational contributions.
· · · · ·
· Masters of Library Science degree from anALA-accredited institution (or equivalent).
· Demonstrated ability to clearly convey libraryskills to large and small groups, individuals, and online learners.
· Ability to work independently andcollaboratively.
· The potential to achieve the requirements fortenure and promotion in the areas of librarianship, research, and service.
- · Successful completion of an on-campus interviewprocess that includes a teaching demonstration.
· A degree or study in engineering.
· Experience developing digital learning objects.
To apply – JobNumber:
WestChester University offers a competitive benefits package. Rank and salary commensurate withexperience. Salary based upon theschedule established the faculty CollectiveBargaining Agreement, see page 8, payrange Q02 for the assistant professor scale.
Applicationmaterials must include:
- Cover letter / letter of application.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Names, affiliations and phone numbers of three professional references.
- Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts (pdf suggested); official transcripts will be requested prior to hire.
Review ofapplications will begin October 1, 2019 and continue until the position isfilled. Anticipated start date is August 2020.
Applicantsmust successfully complete the interview process, including a teachingdemonstration, to be considered as a finalist.
Developingand sustaining a diverse faculty and staff advances WCU’s educational missionand strategic plan Building on Excellence.West Chester University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged toapply.
All offersof employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of allpre-employment background checks.
Offered SalaryDepends on Qualification
Employer NameWest Chester University
Related Jobs (28)
Director of Yale Library Access Services and Bass Library on September 18, 2019 Full-Time
Instructor and Collection Analysis and Maintenance Librarian on September 17, 2019
First-Year Experience Librarian, Utah State University on September 13, 2019 Full-Time