Data Services Librarian
· Build on successful data services education andoutreach to establish a scalable data services program–including access to andvisualization of datasets– to support researchers and scholars, as well asdepartmental or cross-institutional research teams.
· Partner with the Office of Research andappropriate personnel within the Colleges to increase faculty awareness of datamandates and funder requirements.
· Lead in-reach efforts for subject liaisons, AreaStudies librarians, archivists, curators and other Libraries’ personnel aroundthe data services program.
· Represent the Libraries at campus, consortialand other meetings concerning research data issues.
· An ALA-accredited master’s degree or acomparable graduate degree from a non-U.S. university, reviewed on a case-bycase basis.
· Demonstrated experience building and maintainingeffective partnerships and collaborations in creative ways in a complexenvironment.
Excellentcommunication and documentation skills.
· Commitment to librarianship, scholarship, andservice, which are required criteria to meet University and UniversityLibraries requirements for promotion and tenure https://library.osu.edu/document-registry/docs/1017/stream.
· · Supervisoryexperience in an academic or research library.
Discover Ohio State
For 149years, The Ohio State University’s campus in Columbus has been the stage foracademic achievement and a laboratory for innovation. The university’s maincampus is one of America’s largest and most comprehensive. As Ohio’s best andone of the nation’s top-20 public universities, Ohio State also includes atop-rated academic medical center and a premier cancer hospital and researchcenter. As a land-grant university, Ohio State has a physical presencethroughout the state, with campuses and research centers located around Ohio.
About TheOhio State University Libraries
TheLibraries promotes innovative research and creative expression, advanceseffective teaching, curates and preserves information essential for scholarshipand learning at Ohio State, and shares knowledge and culture with the people ofOhio, the nation, and the world. Libraries faculty and staff live these valuesin all that we do: Discovery, Connection, Equity, Integrity, and Stewardship. Learn about our strategic directions here https://library.osu.edu/strategic-directions.
TheLibraries’ greatest resource is our faculty and staff. Their expertise producesvalue beyond the collections and their commitment to continual improvement andinnovation is one of the most significant ways the Libraries meets the diverseand evolving information needs of university students, faculty, and staff,alongside scholars throughout Ohio and the world.
As a globalleader, the Libraries is actively engaged in local, statewide, national, andinternational initiatives to help shape the future of academic researchlibraries. These activities and the innovations that result enhance our abilityto acquire, manage, and preserve emerging information resources, supportknowledge creation, and enable its effective transmission to future learners.Information about the Libraries is available at https://library.osu.edu.
TheLibraries strives to provide welcoming, supportive environments for all topursue and share knowledge. The Libraries is guided by our strategic prioritiesthat facilitate, celebrate and honor diversity, inclusion, access and socialjustice. All positions are expected to contribute to building and advancingthis environment, and we encourage candidates to apply who share these values.
This is a full-time, regular, 12-month appointment as atenure-track faculty member. The candidate will be required to meet universityand Libraries requirements for promotion and tenure. Salary, position type, andfaculty rank are dependent on qualifications and experience.
The university offers competitive benefits in the form of 22days’ vacation, 15 days’ sick leave, 10 holidays, hospitalization, majormedical, surgical-medical, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, andlife insurance at 2.5 times one’s annual salary. State and alternativeretirement choices are also available. For a summary of benefits, see: https://hr.osu.edu/new-employees/benefits-overview.
Applicationswill be accepted until the position is filled. Preference will be given toapplications received by August 4, 2019. Please send cover letter, CV,references, and salary requirements to Brittany Steingass at [email protected]. Please include “Data Services Librarian” inthe subject field.
The OhioState University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disabilitystatus, or protected veteran status. The Ohio State University is a member of theAssociation of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) Diversity Alliance.
Offered SalaryDepends on Qualification
Employer NameThe Ohio State University
Related Jobs (32)
Associate Dean for Administration, Planning & Assessment on July 3, 2019 Full-Time