Children's - Youth Librarian
- Post Date:December 2, 2019
- Views 105
- Offered Salary 30,000 - 40,000Employer Name Stark County District Library
Successful candidates for the Librarian with Children’s Emphasiswill have proven knowledge of and experience with children (infants to 11 years of age). Successful candidates for the Librarianwith Youth Services will have proven knowledge of and experience withchildren (infant to 17 years of age)and both positions will have knowledge in collectionmaterials, outreach services, and literacy-based programming, including earlyliteracy tools and resources.
Successful candidates will enjoy working with the public,especially children, and be able todemonstrate a strong customerorientation that supports our mission and service to the diversity of thecommunities in which we operate.
If you want to work for a mission-driven organization and believeyou may be a good fit for these positions (detailed job description, below),please go to Stark Library website – www.starklibrary.org – for more information and to complete anemployment application. Go to “Contact”and then “Employment” for access to our on-line application.
StarkLibrary serves over 118,707 activecardholders, annually circulating 4 million items from its 1.7 million itemcollection and providing access to an additional 61 million items from lendingnetworks throughout Ohio. Each year thelibrary presents more than 8,000 programs for 150,000 attendees and provides200,000 computer sessions on the publicly available computers found in eachbranch. The system consists of tenbranches, including our main library, as well as a mobile services department.
An employee serving in this position advancesthe mission of the Library by serving as a professional librarian, providing direct publicservice, programming, outreach, and collection management services andexpertise. This role is primarilyresponsible for providing leadership in a designated area/age group per theneeds of the department or location. TheLibrarian is also responsible for establishing and maintaining key externalrelationships (e.g., authors, publishers, organizations, etc.) on behalf ofhis/her location or department and representing the Library in various outreachcapacities. The Librarian, inconjunction with the Department or Branch Manager, helps set location goals fortheir own work as well as that of the rest of the staff and helps leadsystem-wide projects.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Individual Services
1. 2. 3. 4. Collection
1. 2. 3. 4. Group Services: Internal and External
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Partnerships
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. CoreCompetencies
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.
Technical / Functional Skills
· · · · · · · · · · ·
Education and Experience
· · · · ·
WorkingConditions and Physical Requirements
· (e.g., bookmobiles) is done inclose quarters that, at times, may be in motion as teams travel from stop tostop. Additionally, this work is doneyear-round in vehicles furnished with heat and air conditioning.
· · · · oad/unload materials and equipment in allweather conditions.
· · · · · Travel by personal automobile or, inthe case of Mobile Services positions a Library-owned automobile or truck, anda valid State of Ohio driver’s license along with the ability to maintain adriving record that is satisfactory to the Library’s liability insurancecarrier may be required, depending on the position’s specific duties. Some travel by personal vehicle and/oroccasional overnight travel may also be required.
Related Jobs (7)
Center for Black Literature & Culture (CBLC) Multi-media Project Manager on February 11, 2020 Temporary