Associate Dean for Teaching, Learning, and Engagement
TheAssociate Dean for Teaching, Learning, and Engagement will provide visionaryleadership for advancing the instructional and outreach priorities of theDivision of Libraries. The incumbentwill lead a new unit that brings together undergraduate teaching, graduateteaching, online instruction, instructional design, reference services, andprogramming and outreach. The Associate Dean for Teaching, Learning, andEngagement will form partnerships within and beyond the NYU community in orderto create an expansive service strategy for the Division of Libraries as a vitalcollaborator in NYU’s institutional mission of producing and sharing research,teaching, and creative expression with a global impact.
The Division of Libraries engages with a broad community andvalues the diverse experiences, backgrounds, skills, and interests of itscommunity members. The incumbent musttherefore be committed to creating an inclusive culture of equity and belongingin which all NYU community members can flourish. For more information on NYU Division of Libraries’mission and values, please visit https://library.nyu.edu/about/general/values/
- Establishing collaborative strategies to create a robust, responsive, and coherent Division of Libraries outreach portfolio that supports teaching and learning in NYU’s academic departments, centers, institutes, interdisciplinary programs, and its community partners.
- Cultivating Division of Libraries partnerships with teaching, learning, and outreach offices across NYU, including NYU’s global sites and our NYU libraries in Abu Dhabi and Shanghai.
- Developing the Division of Libraries as a hub of forward-looking, critical learner-centered pedagogy and a convener of communities of practice around teaching and learning across the university.
- Creating new user-centered programs to enhance student success and assessing their effectiveness.
- Highlighting the Division of Libraries collections, services, and expertise in order to engage with audiences with a diversity of interests.
- Providing strategic leadership and vision for teams of instructional, reference, and outreach experts and librarians consisting of 20+ FTE.
- Representing the Division of Libraries on NYU-wide committees and task forces focused on teaching, learning, student success, outreach, and engagement.
- Advocating for and cultivating an environment of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity.
- Fostering the professional growth of Division of Libraries’ faculty and staff.
- Creating a culture that encourages and rewards creative-thinking and inclusive collaboration.
- Participating as a member of the Division of Libraries’ Senior Leadership Team in shared decision-making around personnel actions, resource management, and development of policies for all Division operations and services.
- Representing the Division of Libraries locally, nationally, and internationally on matters related to teaching, learning, and engagement.
- Collaborating with other Division of Libraries’ Senior Leadership Team members to pursue external funding for the Division of Libraries.
· · · · · · · · · ’experience supervising and mentoring staff.
· · · Experiencewith initiating grant opportunities and/or working on grant-funded projects
The Division of Libraries seeks those who have demonstrated acommitment to upholding the values of diversity, inclusion, and equity. NYU Division of Libraries encourages allcandidates for the Associate Dean for Teaching, Learning, and Engagement tosupply statements demonstrating their commitment to inclusion, diversity,equity, and belonging as part of their application.
Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity PolicyStatement:
NYU is an Equal OpportunityEmployer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in everyaspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage,caregiver status, childbirth, citizenship status, color, creed, disability,domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/orgender identity or expression, marital status, military status, nationalorigin, parental status, partnership status, predisposing geneticcharacteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.Women, racial and et
Salary/Benefits: Faculty status at Assistant Curator, AssociateCurator, or Curator rank, attractive benefits package including five weeksannual vacation. Salary commensurate with experience and background.
ToApply: To ensure consideration, submit your CV and letterof application, including the name, address, and telephone number of threereferences to: https://apply.interfolio.com/64612Referenceswill not be contacted until finalists have been informed. Review of applicationswill begin August 12, 2019.
Offered SalaryDepends on Qualification
Employer NameNew York University, Division of Libraries
Related Jobs (36)
Associate Dean for Administration, Planning & Assessment on July 3, 2019 Full-Time