Assistant Professor, Research Data Librarian
- Post Date:January 6, 2020
- Apply Before: March 2, 2020
- Views 78
- Employer Name Oakland University
Oakland University’s KresgeLibrary seeks an innovative, collaborative, and service-oriented individual tojoin us as an Assistant Professor and Research Data Librarian to lead us inadvancing student and faculty research and curricular innovation by offeringresearch data support services. Successful applicants for this position willpossess a strong commitment to research and teaching support and willdemonstrate knowledge of current and emerging trends in data science, scholarlycommunication, and data curation. Candidates must demonstrate experience withor a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Facilitating the continued development of an infrastructure and libraryservices to support data discovery, curation, preservation and sharing
• Offering library programs to educate the campus community on data managementrequirements and best practices
• Guiding faculty and students in the discovery and use of existing researchdata sets
• Collaborating with subject librarians to facilitate the support of researchdata use within their liaison areas
• Providing training and support to library colleagues in all aspects ofresearch data management
• Serving as a liaison librarian for select STEM disciplinesto support instruction, collection development, and research
• Contributing to broader scholarly conversations through publications andpresentations
• Participating in library, university, and professional service activities
This is a tenure-track facultyposition with an eight-month schedule; attainment of tenure is dependent uponjob performance, scholarship, and service. Salary will be determined bycredentials and experience. Oakland University offers excellent fringe benefitsincluding TIAA/CREF andFidelity retirement plans.
• Master of Library Sciencedegree or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program
• Experience working with datasets including data identification, curation, orretrieval
About Oakland University
The University Libraries expertlyintegrate teaching, information, and technology to create dynamic, welcominglearning environments. Located at the heart of OU’s campus the UniversityLibraries offer important services and resources to help students, faculty, andstaff meet their academic and research goals. As teachers, we promote thecreation, dissemination, discovery, use, and evaluation of scholarlyinformation. For more information, please visit library.oakland.edu.
Oakland University is anationally recognized doctoral university of high research activity located on1,443 acres of scenic land in the cities of Rochester Hills and Auburn Hills inOakland County, Michigan. The University has 142 bachelor’s degree programs and138 graduate degree and certificate programs. Academics include programs in theCollege of Arts and Sciences, School of Business Administration, School ofEducation and Human Services, School of Engineering and Computer Science,School of Health Sciences, School of Medicine and School of Nursing.
Please upload a letter ofapplication, a detailed curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, and adiversity statement that describes your interest or efforts in furtheringdiversity and inclusion, e.g., through mentoring, pedagogy, activism, facultyrecruitment/retention, or research on issues related to diversity and socialinequality. Contact information for references will be requested in theProfessional References section of the application and a link provided throughwhich references can submit letters. Review of applications will begin on March2, 2020, and will continue until the position is filled. Inquiries should beaddressed to Shawn Lombardo, Research Data Librarian Search Committee Chair, [email protected].
Oakland University is anAffirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications fromwomen and minorities.
Related Jobs (38)
ACTING HEAD, RESEARCH COMMONS Full Time One-year Term on February 17, 2020 Full-Time
Librarian (Emphasis in User Experience and Technology) on February 13, 2020 Full-Time
Music Librarian (Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor) on February 12, 2020 Full-Time