Assistant Librarian - STEM (Open Rank)
- Post Date:January 24, 2020
- Apply Before: March 1, 2020
- Views 40
- Offered Salary 40,000 - 60,000Employer Name Texas Tech University Libraries
The Texas Tech University Libraries has an opening for aproactive, creative, and inventive Science, Technology, Engineering andMathematics (STEM) Librarian at our fast-paced, innovative campus. The primary assignment of this tenure-trackposition is to provide reference, instruction, and collection development inthese areas. Additionally, the STEM librarian will support data and technologyinitiatives of the University Libraries, work closely with colleagues andstudents and engage in research and collaborative opportunities. While thisposition’s focus will be to work with faculty across the STEM disciplines thecandidate will be encouraged to seek interdisciplinary research opportunitiesand connections across campus and throughout the Tech System.
* Activelyparticipate in the library’s instruction and outreach program with a heavyemphasis on promoting information literacy to STEM related disciplines.
* Providereference services in creative and innovative ways including personal contactwith departments and utilizing various technology tools.
* Developand maintain STEM reference materials in both print and digital forms as wellas making specific recommendations to purchase research materials germane tothe STEM fields.
* Contributeto chat service and other virtual reference services as needed.
* Maintainas well as enhance web-based research guides pertinent to assigned STEM areas.
* Contributesubstantially to the planning, development and assessment of departmental policies.
* Participateon library committees and cross functional teams as assigned.
* Facultyare expected to participate in library, college, and university governance.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in library science from anALA-accredited institution or international equivalent.
* Undergraduateor advanced degree in a STEM field.
* Experienceor course work in the use of reference and research tools with special emphasisin STEM fields.
* Evidenceof a strong customer service orientation coupled with an ability to interactpositively and productively in a collegial academic environment.
* Excellentoral and written communication skills.
* Understandingof current trends and issues in this area, including digitization, institutionalrepositories and open access textbooks.
* Evidenceof ability to meet Texas Tech Libraries’ requirements for promotion and tenure.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The position is a 12-month appointmentwith a nationally competitive salary. Librarians and archivists have academicstatus and are an integral part of the academic teaching and research missionof the University. Comprehensive benefits include choice of retirementprograms, including TIAA-CREF; 12-17 state holidays; developmental leave opportunities;moving allowance; and no state or local income tax.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: To apply for this position, pleasevisit the Texas Tech University Personnel site at:http://www.depts.ttu.edu/hr/workattexastech/. Select Faculty. Please fill outthe electronic application and attach a cover letter indicating qualificationsand interest in the position, current vita, and names and contact informationof three professional references. Submission of applications is preferred byMarch 1, 2020.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer, Texas Tech University is dedicated to the goal of building aculturally diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multiculturalenvironment. We actively encourage applications from all those who cancontribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversityand excellence of the academic community at Texas Tech University. Theuniversity welcomes applications from minorities, women, protected veterans,persons with disabilities, and dual-career couples.
Related Jobs (38)
ACTING HEAD, RESEARCH COMMONS Full Time One-year Term on February 17, 2020 Full-Time
Librarian (Emphasis in User Experience and Technology) on February 13, 2020 Full-Time
Music Librarian (Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor) on February 12, 2020 Full-Time