Adult Services Manager
- Post Date:January 21, 2020
- Views 52
- Offered Salary 60,000 - 80,000Employer Name Round Rock Public Library
Under limited supervision, Manager – Library organizes and manages a major division or program to provide library service.
Develops division policies and procedures and participates in the development of department policies; Develops short- and long-range plans; Implements City and department regulations.
Develops and monitors division/section budget and grant applications. Determines budgetary needs for assigned area and makes recommendations for new programs. Gathers and reports data on the functions and services of the assigned division.
Manages, develops and evaluates a portion of the collection by consulting professional journal reviews, websites, customer preferences, and collection policies; depending on area of assignment, may develop and evaluate technology collection.
Manages adult reference services, including scheduling and staying abreast of library trends.
Manages and delivers high level reference service, reader’s advisory and circulation services to the public. Investigates and resolves customer complaints.
Prepares and presents programs, articles, reports and projects.
Represents the City of Round Rock and the Round Rock Public Library to the public. Serves on Leadership Team, participates on community boards, and city-wide committees. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues in local, states, regional, and national library communities including coordinating library activities with community agencies as appropriate.
Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling and recommendation for dismissal.
Oversees technology training for staff members and the community.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association-accredited institution.
- Three years of related experience as a Librarian.
- Bilingual Spanish/English, other foreign language/English, ASL
- Experience resolving escalated customer concerns that provide mutual value for the customer and department alike.
- Strategic thinker with success in recognizing and solving collective problems through innovative and balanced solutions.
- Experience in successfully managing staff through change, evaluating strategic plans through measurable performance goals and improving culture.
- Strong leader with demonstrated experience managing projects with cross-functional teams that drive results and inspire change.
- Experience communicating information to cross-functional teams and developing systems to ensure changes are being implemented.
- Experience in curriculum and/or instructional design to oversee digital literacy services and programs offered to the community.
Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain prior to employment.
Related Jobs (28)
Online Learning & User Experience Librarian, Ast or Asc Professor on February 20, 2020 Full-Time
Community Engagement Library Assistant – Part-time on February 14, 2020 Part-Time
Center for Black Literature & Culture (CBLC) Multi-media Project Manager on February 11, 2020 Temporary