191081 - Lead Librarian, Civic & Social Information Services
- Post Date:September 16, 2019
- Apply Before: November 26, 2019
- Views 46
- Offered Salary 40,000 - 60,000Employer Name Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
:The Lead Librarian – Civic andSocial Information Services (CSIS) engages the community around programs andservices particularly relevant to Pittsburgh’s vast civic participationcommunity and those who engage with those communities. The Lead Librarian hasthe authority and discretion to design and lead the Library’s services andactivities that support community members’ access to quality, timely, andvalue-neutral information. Under the direction of the Library ServicesAdministrator CLP-Main (LSA), they work to connect with the region’s diversecommunities to plan and coordinate the development and delivery or high-qualityprograms, outreach and content for adults and general audiences that supportthe Library’s mission and values.
The CSIS Lead Librarian will manage day-to-day servicedelivery and location functions under the direction of the LSA. The CSIS LeadLibrarian is a highly motivated and energetic person with a deep knowledge ofthe community and the resources available to provide services to that community.
Responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to:
- Understand, advocate for and engage directly with the community to ensure that information needs are identified and addressed through relevant programs and services;
- Identify and develop opportunities to strengthen the community through meaningful interactions with the Library and our resources;
- Expand the full range of community and social information Library resources, including the capacity of staff, throughout the city, county and region, and in communities and populations where increasing civic knowledge can reduce barriers; Respond to requests of outside groups for orientations to the Pennsylvania Department collections;
- Supervise multiple staff who work with customers or perform duties on behalf of Community and Social Information Services;
- Review and revise the work of staff and/or processes which are essential to achieving the mission of the Library and engage with staff across the system to achieve system wide goals;
- Evaluate the success of staff efforts and continuously improve programs and services to respond to changing needs using data collection and analysis; and contributing to the vision of a future-focused library;
- Collaborate and cooperate with internal departments and stakeholders including Community Engagement, Adult Programming, Digital Strategy, Communication & Creative Services, and Collections; Coordinate related grant and budgetary responsibilities with Finance department;
- Leadership, management and participation in system-wide activities, such as committees, teams and modeling behaviors in patron-focused service, self-directed learning, strategic thinking and planning, and personal accountability;
- Collaborate with underserved communities and distinguish, pilot and discovered non-building bases library service deliver models that help engage and address barriers to library use and literacy;
- Perform other duties as required.
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · PA State Criminal Record Background Check, PA ChildAbuse History Clearance, FBI Fingerprint Criminal Record Check and Mandated Reporter Trainingrequired upon offer of employment.
Work Hours: Full time, salaried exempt position.Schedule varies with extended hours, including evenings and weekendsas needed.
Salary: $50,000 annually
How to Apply: Interested applicants should apply online by October17, 2019 at https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2676774.