191065 – Early Learning Lead Librarian
Earlyliteracy programs and services are delivered by the Early Learning BLAST(Bringing Libraries and Schools Together) Outreach team and Children’sLibrarians to engage children and families in the five early literacy practicesof talking, singing, reading, writing and playing. These activities helpchildren develop early literacy skills and get them ready to read whilepromoting valuable and dynamic library resources. Innovative programs and projects seek toprovide all children with the best opportunities to prepare for school and lifesuccess, with special focus on eliminating gaps in inequitable outcomes forchildren and families of color and all children and families facing inequities.
Bypartnering with community members and organizations, including NurturePA,Trying Together, University of Pittsburgh’s Office of Child Development andmore, CLP has engaged in a vast number of successful initiatives that supportcognitive, social and emotional development.
CLPhas taken an active role in ensuring every preschool child has the earlyliteracy and language experiences that research shows are essential for healthybrain development so that all children go to school ready to learn. Workingunder the direction of the Coordinator of Children’s Services and FamilyEngagement, the Early Learning Lead Librarian will lead the Library’s efforts inearly literacy and learning initiatives for expecting families and childrenfrom birth to 5 years old and their caregivers.
Responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to:
- Supervising the Early Learning BLAST Team and developing the skills and abilities of all staff in the area of child development and early literacy through coaching and learning opportunities;
- Developing programs and services that actively engage parents, caregivers and families in their Pre-K child’s literacy and learning;
- Developing library services and programs that seek to eliminate gaps in inequitable outcomes for children and families of color and all children and families facing inequities;
- Enhancing programs and services to include expanded access to technology and increasing the associated learning skills;
- Directing and evaluating special Early Learning outreach efforts and activities;
- Advocating and engaging the community in early literacy to ensure identified needs are addressed through relevant programs and services;
- Representing CLP in the community and participate in local, regional and state early education initiatives;
- Engaging staff in CLP’s strategic direction in Early Literacy and facilitating effective communication among staff in all locations and departments;
- Planning for and cultivating a positive and connected work atmosphere;
- Leading and serving on committees as assigned;
- Working with CLP Children’s Services Coordinator and External & Government Relations to write, manage, and report grants and special projects;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with organizations that serve preschool children and families in the City of Pittsburgh.
· · · · · · · · · · · MLS from an ALA accredited school;
- PA Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, and FBI Fingerprint Criminal Record Check required upon offer of employment.
Offered Salary40,000 - 60,000